Armin van Buuren is a Dutch Trance DJ
From the year 2001 the trance dj Armin Van Buuren host his a weekly radio show A State of Trance ASOT, which is broadcast to more than 37 million weekly listeners in 84 countries on over 100 FM radio stations. According to Djs And Festivals, “the radio show propelled him to stardom and helped cultivate an interest in trance music around the world.”
He has won a number of accolades. He has been ranked the No. 1 DJ by DJ Mag a record of five times, four years in a row. He was ranked fourth on the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs list in both 2016 and 2017. In 2014, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for his single “This Is What It Feels Like” featuring Trevor Guthrie, which makes him the fourth trance artist ever to receive a Grammy Award nomination. In the United States, he holds the record for most entries, twenty-one, on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart. His 2008 studio album, Imagine, was the first trance album in Dutch music history to debut at the top position in the Dutch album charts.
Some things you do not know about Armin
- He started playing in the first local clubs doing minimal set of six hours , the idea of music I wanted to carry on could not be bound in a small space of time, needed time to be born and grow to finish, just like a work.
- Despite numerous commitments Armin manages to finish school and get a law degree in 2003 at the University of Leiden .
- Produces under four aliases / artistic projects : Armin van Buuren , Gaia (along with Benno de Goeij ), Rising Star , Perpetuous Dreamer
- In 2011 he received the honor Officer of the Order of Orange-Nassau , along with a “companion of musical adventures” such as Tiesto and Clarence Seedorf , an old acquaintance of Italian football.
- She told in an interview to take most of his inspiration from music Ambient .